360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Release] [PS3/XB360]Dark Souls II Save Editor V2.0.0.5 - Page 241
    Array

Re: [PS3/XB360]Dark Souls II Save Editor V2.0.0.5

Hi. I'm just wondering if I will lose my DLC keys (The ones that unlock the main doors into the DLCs) if I use the save editor without the unlocked DLC content, or will I get them back after I load my character in game?

Array

Thank you for this. I particularly think it's neat that you have kept all of the version history available. I'll check this out and see if I run into any problems.

Thank you, this could not have been very easy.

Inactive Member
    Array

Hello!

First a great "bravo" and thank you to Jappi88 for that amazing work, I'm a complete novice when it comes to these things and yet the tool is very intuitive and easy to use, really it's great.

So I started to modify a save with 10 character slots, and, after I finished the first one, I wanted to copy it to the 9 other slots (I'm just giving me 999 red orbs, and every weapon and armor non upgraded), so I tried the "extract" and "replace" functions, but I seem to be missing something, because when I want so save the extraction, it actually does nothing... does it have to be placed in a particular folder, or something like that?

Thanks in advance.

Edit : Hum.... nevermind, I just wasn't naming the CHR file I wanted to extract -_-...
    But I use that edit to ask another question, about bans : do they discriminate? what I mean is, does a guy who mod his SL to be 838 and his SM 0 has more chance to get banned that me, who only put 999 orbs to avoid the boring arena and equipment non upgraded to avoid boring farming, or do they not care at all?

Program Engineer
    Jappi88

Array

Quote Originally Posted by sithamor View Post
    Hello!

First a great "bravo" and thank you to Jappi88 for that amazing work, I'm a complete novice when it comes to these things and yet the tool is very intuitive and easy to use, really it's great.

So I started to modify a save with 10 character slots, and, after I finished the first one, I wanted to copy it to the 9 other slots (I'm just giving me 999 red orbs, and every weapon and armor non upgraded), so I tried the "extract" and "replace" functions, but I seem to be missing something, because when I want so save the extraction, it actually does nothing... does it have to be placed in a particular folder, or something like that?

Thanks in advance.
    no, it should work, but it may well be a bug.
    i will look into it and fix it in the next update.

Thanks for reporting.
    Downloads : 166 || Uploads : 31 || Rep Power : 8717 || Posts : 1,660 || Thanks : 188 || Thanked 10,799 Times in 600 Posts

Programming is 10% science, 20% ingenuity, and 70% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Programming is like sex:
    One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Inactive Member
    Array

no don't worry it was my fault, as I stated in my edit in the former page, I wasn't naming the file I wanted to extract so of course it wasn't going to work ^^ have a good day!

Program Engineer
    Jappi88

Array

Quote Originally Posted by sithamor View Post
    no don't worry it was my fault, as I stated in my edit in the former page, I wasn't naming the file I wanted to extract so of course it wasn't going to work ^^ have a good day!
    good to know.

about your other question.
    You are always at risk by modifying your save data.
    Changing any stat will increase the ban risk even more.

the safest way is to not play online when edting, else i recomend not to edit any stats.
    Moddifying items is low level risk, but still a risk.

They know how long you played, where you traveled, and what items you have collected during your journey.

Most bans are done manually (a few nurds keeping track of all players on their tiny screen).

I have not figured out everything in the save data, they are keeping track of everything you do ingame, if you edit something with my tool then some other values that needed to be changed are not changed and will cause you to be banned.
    the only way to make this 100% safe is to figure out everything, and edit accordingly (witch will never happen due the complexity).
    Downloads : 166 || Uploads : 31 || Rep Power : 8717 || Posts : 1,660 || Thanks : 188 || Thanked 10,799 Times in 600 Posts

Programming is 10% science, 20% ingenuity, and 70% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Programming is like sex:
    One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Inactive Member
    Array

Okay thanks for the reply !
    Well the way I'm doing it is I only go into online when the build is complete, and when I've destroyed everything that could discredit my SM ( for example a +10 mace that I use to make short work of the early bosses without worry, or the equipment I won't be using) I only skip the farming of items and the arena to get orbs... if, in the build I want to create, there is an item that only drops from an ennemy, then while I'm making the build offline I'll kill that ennemy 2 or 3 times and pretend I got the loot... Certainly they are not fooled but at least I've got a reasonable soul memory for what I have in the end, so, really, if they ban me, it will just be because they absolutely want to make invading in NG as time consuming as possible.... and no, no stat modding with me ^^

After using the tool a bit more, a few more questions to who can answer :)

1. When you select "playthrough" : 2, you are put in NG+ if I understand. Does in mean you are put in the NG+ server as well? Also, the save I'm using is a save with the 10 characters at the very start, before character creation. If I modify it to be on NG+, and I put no name or class, will I get to go through the character creation screen?

2. Yesterday, I modified the first slot of the save, then saved it, extracted it, and copied it on the 9 others slots using the "replace function". Then I erased the extracted file, and saved all the slots. Then when I put it in the ps3, there was something odd : the screen of the selection of the 10 characters displayed 10 identical characters (that's reassuring ^^) with no clothes at all, even though in the game they wore the importation set. then there is the fact that the icon for the saved data of dark souls 2 (when you go in the PS3 menu) was not identical to the one I copied (using cosplay save of domthybomb as a base), it was just a grey icon with the 4 playstation symbol (triangle, circle, etc...) so that seems odd to me too since that usually don't happen. And then this morning, I load the save again in the editor to tweak it a little bit more on the first slot, I save it, extract it, but when I try to use the "replace" function for the other slots, a message pops up saying that the selected slot is invalid. The same goes if I extract ,let's say, the 6th slot and then try to replace the 4th by it, even though, i did no further modification to the 6th slot other than replacing it by the 1st slot yesterday (I'm not sure if I'm very clear...)

So I'm not sure what's going on actually :( If someone has an idea, I'd be glad to hear it. Bye!
    Last edited by THUMBS; 02-28-2016 at 09:04 PM.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jappi88 View Post
    good to know.

about your other question.
    You are always at risk by modifying your save data.
    Changing any stat will increase the ban risk even more.

the safest way is to not play online when edting, else i recomend not to edit any stats.
    Moddifying items is low level risk, but still a risk.

They know how long you played, where you traveled, and what items you have collected during your journey.

Most bans are done manually (a few nurds keeping track of all players on their tiny screen).

I have not figured out everything in the save data, they are keeping track of everything you do ingame, if you edit something with my tool then some other values that needed to be changed are not changed and will cause you to be banned.
    the only way to make this 100% safe is to figure out everything, and edit accordingly (witch will never happen due the complexity).
    @jappi,

First of all thanks for the editor!, but i have a quistion about why is there on "App info" some login screen?

Could you explain why there is a login build in?