360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Release] [PS3/XB360]Dark Souls II Save Editor V2.0.0.5 - Page 114
    VIP Member
    Jappi88

Array

Re: [PS3/XB360]Dark Souls II Save Editor V1.0.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Spectralv View Post
    hello, i tried to update my save and give myself some stuff, then it said unable to write changes or something like that, so i closed it and tried to load it on my xbox and it said it cant find any saves click yes to create new (this will over ride old save) i clicked no and plugged it into my computer again now it is saying "error: buffer cannot be null" what does this mean? have i just ruined my save file?
    Create new save entirely (not just a character) I believe you just have to stick your usb in without a save. Go through the article contract thing they have you read. And then it will save. Once it saves. I believe you DONT click new game. Just have a new save with no characters on it.

Rename the new save you created to BaseFile.BF

place the BaseFile.BF you just created into the tool resources folder, and overwrite if needed.

load the stfs fixer, select your corrupted file and hit start!

Transfer the corrupted file back to you MU and play.

Is that more clear. And correct me If I was wrong Jappi.

Originally Posted by ReDeMpTiOn213

1). Insert a formatted USB into your Xbox.

2). Load up dark souls 2.

3). Select the USB drive on the storage page

4). Go through the contract page.

---you should see saving before and after

5). When you get to the home screen (new game, load etc...) pull out your USB.

6). Extract it to your desktop.

7). Once on desktop. Rename the save to BaseFile.BF

8). Go to where ever you have your dark souls 2 save editor at and there should be a resources folder.

---it has your item database, BaseFile.BF, Etc.

9). Copy and paste or drag the save you named to BaseFile.BF to the resource folder.

10). Click overwrite or replace.

11). You are done

NOTE:

-Make sure the save has NO CHARACTERS on it and that it is a correct 14mb save.

-Don't click rehash and save within horizon. Just copy it over to your USB to make sure that it doesn't shrink your save. (Idk if that will work) (the save editor rehashes and saves for you)

-Remember that the save can't have no characters on it. So once you get through the contract on dark souls 2 and click yes. You will have a save without an characters on it.

Try these steps and see if that fixes your problem.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4304 || Posts : 366 || Thanks : 23 || Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

Atom5122

Amazing work, can't wait to try this out! :)

Array

nah man it didnt work, i just made a new save, but i cant save any changes after i modded it it says "failed to replace slot into" how do i fix that?

VIP Member
    Jappi88

Array

nah man it didnt work, i just made a new save, but i cant save any changes after i modded it it says "failed to replace slot into" how do i fix that?
    Could possible try redownloading the editor. Jappi prob could help you more if he sees this.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4304 || Posts : 366 || Thanks : 23 || Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

Array

i replaced the BaseFile.BF with the one you said to make but that doesnt fix my save at all. i edited a save but it said failed to replace slot. so i jusr pulled the usb out and loaded it in my xbox but it didnt load, so i plugged it back into my pc and now i cant even load the save file as it says "buffer cannot be null. parameter name:buffer" what does this mean?

VIP Member
    Jappi88

Array

i replaced the BaseFile.BF with the one you said to make but that doesnt fix my save at all. i edited a save but it said failed to replace slot. so i jusr pulled the usb out and loaded it in my xbox but it didnt load, so i plugged it back into my pc and now i cant even load the save file as it says "buffer cannot be null. parameter name:buffer" what does this mean?
    Usually using the restore STFS after updating the BaseFile.bf fixes that. Have you used the STFS fixer in the editor ?

lostsoul
    Array

Having serious issues after update. Buffer null, failure to replace, etc. I was fine before update even with high equipment numbers (Arrows etc.) Seems to not work at all even after making new saves and incorporating something from the old saves such as inventory. I'll leave a link here:( https://www.mediafire.com/folder/g4t...ixcapi9/shared ) There's two files, the Males is completely shot. The Females will let you view the profiles. I will be more active here and I hope to see a solution to this issue. Thank You.

Array

ive done it all, it works sometimes but fails to save when i rank myself in a covernant or give myself any items appart from souls. if i give myself items they dont show up ingame. bugged after patch i recon..all it does it 100% feks up your save file