360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dark Souls 2 help
    shadowtheninja

Dark Souls 2 help

So, I figured I should ask here, in this forum, because I asked this question on the DS2 parameter editor thread but it's not exclusively relevant to the editor.

As a portion of the instructions when you edit the user data 15, you're supposed to pull your USB out when you hit the "continue" option and go to select your characters in the game. Then, after you pick a character (after pulling out the USB of course) it sends you back to the "press start" screen after saying the load failed.

Well, with my XBOX, when I pull the USB out after going to that screen, it sends me back to the freakin' dashboard! I'm playing DS2 on the disc and have my profile on the XBOX instead of the USB so I don't see why it would kick me out to the dashboard. It baffles me.

Any way I can fix this thing?

Administrator
    360HAVEN

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Dark Souls 2 help

1. Extract your -GAME_0000 from your USB with horizon
    2. Click and run CON Manager 1.4.
    3. Open/Load your -GAME_0000.
    4. Extract the USER_DATA15 with CON Manager 1.4 ( note: your save will corrupt if you extract USER_DATA15 with horizon)
    5. Put your USER_DATA15 in Dark souls II Parameter Editor folder.
    6. Click on the Decompress.bat file.
    7. Go to New folder (can be found within the Dark souls II Parameter Editor)
    8. Move the 00000008.dat from the New Folder to Dark souls II Parameter Editor folder.
    9. Click and run the Dark souls II Parameter Editor.
    10. Open/load 00000008.dat and edit whatever you want save and close the tool when you're done.
    11. Click on the Compress.bat file.
    12. Click and run Dark souls II Checksum Fixer.
    13. Open/load USER_DATA15 and fix the checksum. Close the tool when it's done.
    14. Click and run CON Manager 1.4 and open/load -GAME_0000.
    15. Replace the current USER_DATA15 with the modded USER_DATA15 in CON Manager 1.4.
    16. Click Verify.
    17. Click Fix.
    18. Close CON Manager 1.4.
    19. Click and run Horizon and inject your -GAME_0000 back to your USB.

Note: your gamertag will be banned from the Dark Souls II servers when you go online with a modded save.
    Calibration is not needed if you want to play offline. Make sure your internet cable is not plugged in!! ....lol
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 04-10-2014 at 02:11 PM.
    Downloads : 171 || Uploads : 13 || Rep Power : 9478 || Posts : 3,380 || Thanks : 513 || Thanked 4,270 Times in 1,295 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.

shadowtheninja

I performed this, by the LETTER, and nothing worked. I appreciate the help but perhaps I am screwing something up. I feel like I followed everything quite precisely, though.

I will post a step by step.

(Notes: I am playing offline so I have used the save that idlehands attached, the unmodded one)

1. I press start and go to continue.
    2. I go to select my character, unplug the usb, and then select it so it says it cannot find the character data and kicks me out to the start screen.
    3. I unplug my USB and plug it into my PC.
    4. I extract the save using horizon.
    5. I put the USER_DATA15 I downloaded from idlehand's thread into the parameter folder.
    6. I click the decompress.bat file.
    7. I move the 00000008. file from the new folder into the parameter folder.
    8. I run the DS2 parameter editor, open the 00000008.dat file and make my edits.
    9. I save the DS2 parameter editor and close it.
    10. I click the compress.bat folder.
    11. I open the checksum fixer, open the USER_DATA15 file in the checksum fixer, fix the checksum, and then I close the checksum fixer.
    12. I run CON manager and open the save file I extracted earlier.
    13. I replace the current USER_DATA15 with the modded USER_DATA15 file.
    14. I click verify and then I click fix.
    15. I close the CON manager.
    16. I run horizon and inject the save file into horizon, overwriting the old one.

I do all of this and then safely eject my USB. I plug it back into the XBOX and I press start on the start screen (the calibration version remains unchanged and I'm offline) and I load up my save and nothing has changed. Character can still die and everything.
    Last edited by Original Boss; 04-10-2014 at 03:01 PM.

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtheninja View Post
    I will post a step by step.

(Notes: I am playing offline so I have used the save that idlehands attached, the unmodded one)

1. I press start and go to continue.
    2. I go to select my character, unplug the usb, and then select it so it says it cannot find the character data and kicks me out to the start screen.
    3. I unplug my USB and plug it into my PC.
    4. I extract the save using horizon.
    5. I put the USER_DATA15 I downloaded from idlehand's thread into the parameter folder.
    6. I click the decompress.bat file.
    7. I move the 00000008. file from the new folder into the parameter folder.
    8. I run the DS2 parameter editor, open the 00000008.dat file and make my edits.
    9. I save the DS2 parameter editor and close it.
    10. I click the compress.bat folder.
    11. I open the checksum fixer, open the USER_DATA15 file in the checksum fixer, fix the checksum, and then I close the checksum fixer.
    12. I run CON manager and open the save file I extracted earlier.
    13. I replace the current USER_DATA15 with the modded USER_DATA15 file.
    14. I click verify and then I click fix.
    15. I close the CON manager.
    16. I run horizon and inject the save file into horizon, overwriting the old one.

I do all of this and then safely eject my USB. I plug it back into the XBOX and I press start on the start screen (the calibration version remains unchanged and I'm offline) and I load up my save and nothing has changed. Character can still die and everything.
    What is your calibration number on the up right screen? Is it 99.99 or 1.03?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
    Downloads : 1 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4093 || Posts : 61 || Thanks : 1 || Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

shadowtheninja

It never goes to 99, which means it's not working (I think) so I don't know what the issue is.

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtheninja View Post
    It never goes to 99, which means it's not working (I think) so I don't know what the issue is.
    if i remember correctly, idle already put pre modded user_data15 inside parameter thread. use that one. it already change to 99.99
    Downloads : 1 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4093 || Posts : 61 || Thanks : 1 || Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

shadowtheninja

I want to but can I make some small changes to the premodded one? I really don't want the running speed and jumping height or the stamina changed.

I'll try not but I hope it doesn't ruin everything.

EDIT: UGH, Jesus fucking Christ, it actually worked. Thanks, everyone, for putting up with my constant inquiry. I appreciate it. Sorry for being so irritating. Haha.

Administrator
    360HAVEN

Array

Glad it worked for you :)

Downloads : 171 || Uploads : 13 || Rep Power : 9478 || Posts : 3,380 || Thanks : 513 || Thanked 4,270 Times in 1,295 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.