360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dragonball Fans REJOICE! - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Re: Dragonball Fans REJOICE!

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Not this again. I'm sick of people bashing them for this...they had 5 and a half months to make something new before their license expired. If they had used a previous engine such as Raging Blast or Burst Limit. It would have taken them 12 months+ to re-kink things and sort it all. So this was definitely something new. It was visually beautiful and stunning. I liked the gameplay, however it did get boring after a while. I still love the game though. This is a completely different developer though. I am pumped for this.
    Sorry Ren, but this is just one of those things that we'll have to agree to disagree about. I absolutely hated Ultimate Tenkaichi (aside from the custom character feature, which itself was sort of lackluster). While the visuals were indeed beautiful, to say that it's just like watching the anime is a bit closer to the truth than I'd like; the gameplay was relegated to what was essentially a flashy rock/paper/scissors game, and the handling of the dub voices was awful to say the least (like switching between Linda Young and Christopher Ayres for Frieza, or between Stephanie Nadolny and Colleen Clinkenbeard for Gohan, which was just lazy).

Also, while I'm no professional game developer, I just don't get how it's supposed to be less time consuming to create a new game from scratch than it is to simply use an existing engine. Especially since Namco Bandai and Spike have been steadily releasing a DBZ game for consoles once every year since 2009 (and NB and Atari every year before that), I have a hard time believing that UT was the best they could do. I mean, how many people really would have scoffed at Burst Limit 2?

The reality is that very few people actually liked the game, fans included. Outside of pre-orders, it didn't sell very well, and it got some of the worst reviews for a DBZ game (which is really saying something). You certainly have a right to your opinion, and I'm not saying anything about said opinion. I am saying however that the majority are disappointed with UT as a whole, and I for one am hoping to wash the taste out with this new game. At any rate, I hope we can put our differences about the game aside in waiting for Ultimate Brawl.

Which (back on topic) looks like it plays similar to Gundam Extreme Vs, which was also developed by Namco Bandai. I really hope so, since that's actually a really great fighting game with a wonderfully fluid engine and control scheme (it's a shame it was never released outside Japan), and I think it would really fit pretty well for a DBZ game. Actually, it looks a lot like a cross between Gundam Extreme Vs and Tenkaichi gameplay wise.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6908 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Extorris
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    Sorry Ren, but this is just one of those things that we'll have to agree to disagree about. I absolutely hated Ultimate Tenkaichi (aside from the custom character feature, which itself was sort of lackluster). While the visuals were indeed beautiful, to say that it's just like watching the anime is a bit closer to the truth than I'd like; the gameplay was relegated to what was essentially a flashy rock/paper/scissors game, and the handling of the dub voices was awful to say the least (like switching between Linda Young and Christopher Ayres for Frieza, or between Stephanie Nadolny and Colleen Clinkenbeard for Gohan, which was just lazy).

Also, while I'm no professional game developer, I just don't get how it's supposed to be less time consuming to create a new game from scratch than it is to simply use an existing engine. Especially since Namco Bandai and Spike have been steadily releasing a DBZ game for consoles once every year since 2009 (and NB and Atari every year before that), I have a hard time believing that UT was the best they could do. I mean, how many people really would have scoffed at Burst Limit 2?

The reality is that very few people actually liked the game, fans included. Outside of pre-orders, it didn't sell very well, and it got some of the worst reviews for a DBZ game (which is really saying something). You certainly have a right to your opinion, and I'm not saying anything about said opinion. I am saying however that the majority are disappointed with UT as a whole, and I for one am hoping to wash the taste out with this new game. At any rate, I hope we can put our differences about the game aside in waiting for Ultimate Brawl.

Which (back on topic) looks like it plays similar to Gundam Extreme Vs, which was also developed by Namco Bandai. I really hope so, since that's actually a really great fighting game with a wonderfully fluid engine and control scheme (it's a shame it was never released outside Japan), and I think it would really fit pretty well for a DBZ game. Actually, it looks a lot like a cross between Gundam Extreme Vs and Tenkaichi gameplay wise.
    We should settle it on the Brawl battlefield :D
    Downloads : 65 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 8206 || Posts : 2,626 || Thanks : 181 || Thanked 2,896 Times in 827 Posts

Renegade's Services: All services require you to pay the Postage and Packaging any method you prefer. Shipping within the UK only unless special circumstances.

Xbox 360:

DVD Drive Flashing - £10 (depending on console type, you may need to purchase a new PCB for Slim Consoles) - Includes backup of your drive files and DVD key on a CD-ROM
    DVD Key Retrieval - £10 - Does not include the DVD Drive being flashed.
    JTAG Installations - £15 - Complete installation of the JTAG exploit - Original NAND Backups and starter software on a CD-ROM- Extra £5 for FSD/Homebrew/Games Setup!
    Reset Glitch Hack (RGH) Installations - £20 + Money for the Glitch Chip of your choice - Dual/Triple-NAND addons are £5 more and you also provide the money for the Dual/Triple Chip
    xKey/Wasabi Installations - £70-80 (Including the device + DVD retrieval)
    RRoD Reflow Service - £20
    RRoD Reballing Service - £40-60 price varies depending on the chip. It may have to be refitted with a new GPU or CPU chip

Nintendo Wii Softmodding - £15 including SD card pre-loaded with apps and NAND Backup.

Nintendo DS/DSL/DSi Flashcart Installation - £15 including Flashcard

Playstation 3: Softmodding + Backuploader/Homebrew set up - £15 - Must be on firmware 3.55 or below.

For more information or if you are interested. PM me or contact me on Skype: ProjectRGX or AIM: Renegade1990

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    We should settle it on the Brawl battlefield :D
    Of course! I can't think of any better way. Can't wait! XD
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6908 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Array

this looks to be pretty good. can't wait!
    Downloads : 19 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 0 || Posts : 15 || Thanks : 3 || Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[CENTER][IMG]http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad329/ShadowGalaxy123/FXSKingofNightsSig.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

Array

Quote Originally Posted by mrsweet View Post
    The fighting games are good but I really wish that a dev would make a solid RPG that follows the sagas.
    I hear you on that. But it is tricky with the DBZ universe. How can you really sale people that you are in total control of these awesome powers? Back on SNES I remember playing that card based RPG, and was fun at the time. But today you cannot do a turn based RPG it will have to be a solid action adventure game(akin to how PSU was). Do we really need another DBZ Saga?

Maybe if they improved upon the formula, but I think they know where the money is, and that is in tournament fighters. I hope the online mode is more MOBA based, and not more SSB based.
    Downloads : 10 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4198 || Posts : 46 || Thanks : 23 || Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Haven Donator
    Array

Battling in teams of four looks like it will be very fun.

beast1x5

If you guys want to see solid gameplay just look up the Zenkai Battle Royale arcade game... I had the chance to play it in japan.. it's A LOT of fun.. My lady and I managed to get 3 wins against japanese players 2 v 2 Bills & Android 17... Recently I also heard a rumor that Bills and God Goku would be playable in battle of Z.. if this is true YOU ALL ARE IN FOR A MASSIVE treat!

Chaosflare

Quote Originally Posted by beast1x5 View Post
    Recently I also heard a rumor that Bills and God Goku would be playable in battle of Z.. if this is true YOU ALL ARE IN FOR A MASSIVE treat!
    Considering that they're all on the cover art, I'd be extremely surprised if they weren't available.
    I've been hearing nothing but great things about Zenkai Battle Royale. Sucks that it'll never be localized.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast