[Tutorial] Transformers FoC COMPLETE Demo Modding - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    ★ The Exiled One ★
    Exiledone

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Transformers FoC COMPLETE Demo Modding

Quote Originally Posted by KiLLa CaM View Post
    Oh ok, I think I got it. So I just have to add the extra byte at the beginning first, then replace LeaderHead7 with LeaderHead10 (beginning at the extra byte I added) so that none of the bytes at the end are replaced, and then make sure I fix the hex length (in this case from 12 to 13)? Makes more sense now. I was trying to figure it out but kept freezing because I didn't do it properly.

EDIT: I tried it and for some reason I froze again :( still can't figure out what i'm doing wrong
    LeaderHead7 Replace with LeaderHead10 (0=Byte inserted). Then fix the Length (0C=12, 0D = 13). The Hex should look like this:

0D4C6561646572486561643130

0D = Length
    30 = the inserted 0
    Downloads : 71 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 14365 || Posts : 4,709 || Thanks : 1,168 || Thanked 16,733 Times in 1,843 Posts

DeziredImage

I don't understand how to mod the weapons on this game, I tried and keeps freezing the game.
    Plus I don't now which gun is which, could please add some sort of noob help for it please.

And are you making a editor for the game at all? I seen a post saying you currently are making one.

KiLLa CaM

Quote Originally Posted by Idlehands88 View Post
    LeaderHead7 Replace with LeaderHead10 (0=Byte inserted). Then fix the Length (0C=12, 0D = 13). The Hex should look like this:

0D4C6561646572486561643130

0D = Length
    30 = the inserted 0
    Gotcha, think I got it now. I was adding the byte at the beginning of it and then just retyping the whole thing out. I'm so dumb lol. Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it.

★ The Exiled One ★
    Exiledone

Array

Quote Originally Posted by gungfu View Post
    This nonsense just freezes, i don't no why the guy who apparently done this does not simply upload a modded save with all the abilities and weapons and what ever armer for all characters and save this hassle. just freezes for me. simply upload a modded save if not ill wait until some one else who can explain this nonsense better.
    It's not nonsense, if you can't understand it read Hex Editing tutorials. I'm not just going to upload a modded save because people are lazy. If you want a modded save, then you have to mod it yourself...
    Downloads : 71 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 14365 || Posts : 4,709 || Thanks : 1,168 || Thanked 16,733 Times in 1,843 Posts

KiLLa CaM

I literally tried what you said (tried to give myself a few of the elite heads) and it didn't work putting the extra byte at the end and then fixing the hex length at the beginning. SImply can't get it to work for some reason. I'll try editing just one head this time and let you know if it freezes on me again.

EDIT: I have my own save with a lot of cool armors and dinobot heads, and I just tried changing my ScoutHead8 for one of my Infiltrator classes to ScoutHead12 by adding the extra byte after the 8, then replacing 8 and the extra byte with the numbers 12 so it says ScoutHead12, and I fixed the hex length at the beginning from 11 to 12 and it froze. What did I do wrong now? I can mod anything as long as I never have to add or remove a byte, but then when I try to doing exactly as you say, I freeze every time.

★ The Exiled One ★
    Exiledone

Array

Quote Originally Posted by KiLLa CaM View Post
    I literally tried what you said (tried to give myself a few of the elite heads) and it didn't work putting the extra byte at the end and then fixing the hex length at the beginning. SImply can't get it to work for some reason. I'll try editing just one head this time and let you know if it freezes on me again.

EDIT: I have my own save with a lot of cool armors and dinobot heads, and I just tried changing my ScoutHead8 for one of my Infiltrator classes to ScoutHead12 by adding the extra byte after the 8, then replacing 8 and the extra byte with the numbers 12 so it says ScoutHead12, and I fixed the hex length at the beginning from 11 to 12 and it froze. What did I do wrong now? I can mod anything as long as I never have to add or remove a byte, but then when I try to doing exactly as you say, I freeze every time.
    Can you post a screenshot of what your Hex Editor looks like, so I can verify if the Hex Length is correct.

DeziredImage

Quote Originally Posted by Idlehands88 View Post
    Can you post a screenshot of what your Hex Editor looks like, so I can verify if the Hex Length is correct.
    Are you making a small Editor for this demo or for when the game actually comes out?

★ The Exiled One ★
    Exiledone

Array

Quote Originally Posted by DeziredImage View Post
    Are you making a small Editor for this demo or for when the game actually comes out?
    I made it, but there are some issues I'm having with it, and I don't know how to fix it...