360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Request] How to use hex editors properly and various ways of finding values
    LittlJ

[Request] How to use hex editors properly and various ways of finding values

I'm just curious as to how to properly use Hex Editors such as HxD, because though there are tutorials out there for many different games, there aren't many in depth run-throughs on how to use one rather than trying to use a mod tool. And i ask about the various ways of finding the values because i know like when using cheat engine on the computer, you sometimes have to multiply the value by 8, or add 2, or something like that, and i was wondering if the case was the same with hex editors in some instances.
    I'd also like to know how people go about finding the value locations for various games and how they record its location for future referencing in save editors (ie. finding the gold value location and then using it to make a save editor and incorporating it into a script)
    But yea if anyone would mind helping me out with this that'd be great! thx!

Array

Re: [Request] How to use hex editors properly and various ways of finding values

Did you already look through this:
    http://www.360haven.com/forums/showt...d-Game-Modding
    It had a lot of useful information for me, I don't know if everything you asked for is in there though.

You should also probably post future "requests" in the request section.
    Downloads : 27 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4616 || Posts : 39 || Thanks : 122 || Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Never Back Down

Hoshikage

Array

Re: [Request] How to use hex editors properly and various ways of finding values

I take this as answered, Thread will now be locked. PM if the answer still doesn't solve your problems.
    Downloads : 69 || Uploads : 22 || Rep Power : 8316 || Posts : 2,733 || Thanks : 557 || Thanked 2,980 Times in 735 Posts

## If you don't Contribute || Help - Why should I Contribute || Help - Leechers Should not be helped ##