PDA

View Full Version : Crysis 2 CryEngine 3 Crypto Toolkit

fairchild
04-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Crysis 2 CryEngine 3 Crypto Toolkit by fairchild (www.360haven.com)
================================================== ===== version 1.1 ===

After many hours of debugging Crysis 2 i realized no one else had made
any program to decrypt / encrypt the "CRYe" encrypted files, so i created
this little tool.

It can be used to decrypt / encrypt any files from Crysis 2 as long as
the first 4 bytes in the header are "CRYe". You can even convert savegames
from different platforms if you wish.

And YES! It's a console based application....

Now enjoy! And give proper credits if used somewhere else!

/fairchild

HISTORY
-------
- Decryption was added with support for PC1 (Beta) and XB1 (XBox 360 Retail)
- Key generation routine was successfully reversed, no more need for debugging key.

- Encryption routine was added
- Support for PC2 (PC Retail) was added.

FUTURE FEATURES
---------------

- Decrypt / Encrypt online profiles
- Decrypt / Encrypt (Extract / Compress) custom Crysis 2 .pak files

USAGE
=====

Usage: crysis2 <option> <platform> <input> <output>

Options:
-e - [CRYe] Encrypt file.
-d - [CRYe] Decrypt file.
Platforms:
PC1 - PC (Beta version)
PC2 - PC (Retail version)
XB1 - Xbox360 (Retail version)

Greetings goes to: Unknown_v2, aluigi, Duella, feudalnate.

Examples:

This is how to encrypt a file for use with PC (Retail version).

> crysis2 -e PC2 decrypted encrypted

And this is how you decrypt a file from PC (Retail version).

> crysis2 -d PC2 encrypted decrypted

Same will applie for any other supported platform added to this util.

DOWNLOAD

Download v1.1 (http://www.360haven.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=605)
Download v1.0 (http://www.360haven.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=603)

WELLS51
04-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Is this the decryption of the save files or something else?

fairchild
04-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Its for any encrypted file from Crysis 2 that has the header "CRYe".

Renegade
04-15-2011, 04:17 PM
Nice work, Looking pretty awesome :)

CloudStrife7x
04-15-2011, 04:27 PM
nice looking toolkit keep up the great work

fairchild
04-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Added version 1.1, so now you can both decrypt and encrypt your files. If someone is able to get there Playstation 3 savegame somehow im happy to add support for it.

Renegade
04-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Added version 1.1, so now you can both decrypt and encrypt your files. If someone is able to get there Playstation 3 savegame somehow im happy to add support for it.Wouldn't matter, as the PS3 has the standard encryption on top of what your application does, Each save on PS3 has it's own save handler, making it difficult to decrypt.

fairchild
04-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Wouldn't matter, as the PS3 has the standard encryption on top of what your application does, Each save on PS3 has it's own save handler, making it difficult to decrypt.

Too bad then :/, cause i have the key for PS3 aswell but then theres no point adding support for it as people will just complain that it doesn't work if another layer of encryption is added.

Sephiroth
04-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Too bad then :/, cause i have the key for PS3 aswell but then theres no point adding support for it as people will just complain that it doesn't work if another layer of encryption is added.

Dont listen to rennie, he says strange,weird and crazy things sometimes like the world is flat lol http://www.360haven.com/forums/images/icons/bad-smile-icon.png

Renegade
04-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Dont listen to rennie, he says strange,weird and crazy things sometimes like the world is flat lol http://www.360haven.com/forums/images/icons/bad-smile-icon.pngPshh....shut up Sephy, i'ma reney-slash you.

Idlehands88
04-16-2011, 06:25 PM
I can't download it :( It says I have reached my daily download limit.. I haven't downloaded anything from this site for at least 2 months...

Sephiroth
04-16-2011, 06:46 PM
I can't download it :( It says I have reached my daily download limit.. I haven't downloaded anything from this site for at least 2 months...

Try again.

fairchild
04-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Is anyone willing to share a online profile for Xbox 360 with me? I want to see what if any differences exists within the files.

pureIso
04-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Is anyone willing to share a online profile for Xbox 360 with me? I want to see what if any differences exists within the files.
Profile or Save? Just double checking?

lickerout
04-22-2011, 12:04 AM
so if i downloaded a patched copy for the pc i could make the save file from that into a xbox 360 save file because with the pc version i could use cheat engine on to change the amount of nano catalyst or whatever it is you use to enhance the player upgrade once and let it save the use the toolkit to change it to a xbox 360 save and reload it up then upgrade to the max.

Edit: i haven't tried it yet, but if i needed to change a save to xbox 360 retail from the pc version what would i have to do?,
lets say from the file path D:\Game_related\xbox_360\crysis_2_toolkit (i'm not good with console based programs is there going to be a point and click or simple version? so you can just open file encrypt it to xbox 360 or whatever and drop it on to you memory unit and yes i already know those that are used to console programs and programing will probably say something like "it easy and simple now" but it won't be so simple for those that dont use the basic typed commands) so i can sort a save out, once the pc version of crysis 2 finished downloading (already downloaded 20% of about 7.5 gig in less than an hour so that will be done in about 4 more hours).

Edit 2:never mind i can't play crysis 2 on my laptop it goes about 3 frames per min the game has to high graphics for it, so my laptop can't handle the game so is compleatly unplayable.

can anyone which can save in the silencer for the pistol help me? mine won't save in after i pick it up (stupid bug, whay the hell didn't they fix it to begin with?) i can't use my favorite combo of the hammer + lasersight + silencer in replays, i'll upload my save and maybe someone that doesn't get the glitch could grab the silencer for me and play it till it saves in , check that it saved in (it should say 11/13 unlocked if it does because i'm at 10/13 now) and replay a level that you can grab either the hammer the nova or feline, if it saves then reupload it for me (i grabed all the collectables i just need to find the other 3 addons) the id's are nulled.

and about the toolkit, i can't keep it on it just flashes up for a moment then vanishes.

Edit: a new update for it is out, it looks like they fixed the silencer bug.

does anyone know what and where the 15 weapon accesories are i can only find 13/15 or a guide to getting them all.

so what am i missing and how can i get them? / where can i find them?.

majorspawn
05-07-2011, 04:50 AM
when i encrypt the profile.xml for the xbox version the output file is only 1Kb in size. I can decrypt, edit in notepad ++ save etc. Is anyone else having this problem?

i have attached my decripted xbox modified profile file. Can someone please have a crack at encrypting this for me?

thanks in advance

JizzaBeez
05-07-2011, 05:40 AM
when i encrypt the profile.xml for the xbox version the output file is only 1Kb in size. I can decrypt, edit in notepad ++ save etc. Is anyone else having this problem?

i have attached my decripted xbox modified profile file. Can someone please have a crack at encrypting this for me?

thanks in advance

Why not try the GUI version of the tool (search in modding programs)? With it all you have to do is open the file to decrypt, then open the file to encrypt.

majorspawn
05-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Why not try the GUI version of the tool (search in modding programs)? With it all you have to do is open the file to decrypt, then open the file to encrypt.

no longer on the forum
can u link to the post or gui file?

Renegade
05-07-2011, 10:43 AM
no longer on the forum
can u link to the post or gui file?Re posted - http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?2353-Crysis-2-CRYe-Crypt-Tool-GUI&p=14109#post14109

majorspawn
05-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Re posted - http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?2353-Crysis-2-CRYe-Crypt-Tool-GUI&p=14109#post14109

thank you for the repost

Original Boss
05-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Im a bit of a noob with this how would i open my extracted save file with this tool ? help would be much appreciated

EDIT nevermind just seen the tool above i need new eyes and hopefully a new brain

nnaatteedd
07-06-2011, 11:05 PM
I'm using Vista and when I try and run the v1.1 it says:
"This application has failed to start because msvcr71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
I'm double-clicking the crysis2.exe, what am I doing wrong???

Wra
07-14-2011, 12:28 AM
Works well :-) Took me ages to find someone who could edit nano points.

hehpaty
07-17-2011, 04:23 AM
this game edit of the year

MrNightmareTM
07-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Why does it always say unsupported version? I tried it afew days ago and it worked! Now it does not work!

Cleric
09-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Ok so, sorry for gravedigging this thread and being an overall doofus and also for any intellectual atrocities that I may commit in this post.. that being said, I can't seem to get the commands right or maybe I'm just not opening the program correctly but in the end, I can't get it to do what I know it's supposed to do. I should also note that I have used the gui version many times without fail and all has turned out fine but I'd like to use this version because it makes me feel like less of a skid :grin:. Here are the steps I've taken so far and code that I've used:

1) drag crysis2.exe into an open cmd so it looks like this:
C:\Windows\System32>"C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\crysis\xml encrypt.decrypt\crysis2.exe"

2) then put cd, dir, or start in front of it to try and start the program within the cmd. Start gave me results while the others gave me a "wrong file path" error deal.

3) after using the start command it looks like this: 2807

4) I'll then use an assortment of commands that I've tried based on the info given in this thread. Here are a group of samples (commands used are in green):
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\System32>crysis2 -d XB1 encrypted decrypted
'crysis2' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Windows\System32>crysis2 -d XB1
'crysis2' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Windows\System32>-d XB1
'-d' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Windows\System32>profile.xml -d XB1
'profile.xml' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Windows\System32>profile.xml decrypt -d XB1
'profile.xml' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Windows\System32>decrypt -d XB1
'decrypt' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Windows\System32>decrypt -d XB1

That's where I've gotten so far. Again, I'm very sorry for being a dummy but I would really like to be able to run this program via cmd. I'm also aware that some of the commands I used are nonsensical but desperation calls for desperate actions :P

namquang
12-06-2012, 02:35 PM
I can not download the program in 1st post :081:

Edit: sorry I've downloaded.

Is this version compatible with Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, I used but it said Reading Signature...Error, Invalid signature 0x8f31ce, expecting 0x43525965, what is my mistake ?