PDA

View Full Version : Too Human Modding

Idlehands88
03-22-2011, 01:23 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone can look into getting this game finally modded. The game wasn't very popular but I know a few friends that still enjoy it and I still love this game!

If you guys need any saves, I have a few level 50's I could upload. All I know it that it has a custom checksum.

McWxXx
03-22-2011, 04:31 AM
I think there was some mods for this game back when it came out. I can look at it for you if you'd like. Just pm me the saves w/ info on them. I'll check them out for you.

=================

PS I got the game w/ it first came out and thought it was "ok" but not bad. Should have been better b/c of the time they spent on making the game.

Idlehands88
03-22-2011, 06:03 AM
If you could that would be AWESOME, and I have had the game since it was released, and there have been no mods for it :( I'll PM you the saves.

JizzaBeez
03-22-2011, 11:39 AM
I think there was some mods for this game back when it came out. I can look at it for you if you'd like. Just pm me the saves w/ info on them. I'll check them out for you.

=================

PS I got the game w/ it first came out and thought it was "ok" but not bad. Should have been better b/c of the time they spent on making the game.

No there were never any mods for this game because no one worked out the security on it.

pureIso
03-22-2011, 11:44 AM
I think its time to dig into how to calculate a checksum. Too many games are starting to annoy me. Grrraaah

cybersam
03-22-2011, 12:10 PM
first... i never wanted to reply to this thread becasue those two are spamming the sh** out of this topic
and its getting realy astupid and annoying...

@pureIso
yea custom checksums annoy me too...

but if this gmae has a simple checksum where only parts of the save are used in the calculation then we atleast could make an editor for it
i'm going to do the same thing for operation darknes...
it also got a custom checksum... its a actually a simple checksum that is used only on a small part of the savegame

Idlehands88
03-22-2011, 03:09 PM
first... i never wanted to reply to this thread becasue those two are spamming the sh** out of this topic

Man relax, we are two friends just trying to have fun. It's not like this thread was getting any views/replies...

JizzaBeez
03-22-2011, 07:20 PM

Man relax, we are two friends just trying to have fun. It's not like this thread was getting any views/replies...

Thread "Cleaned", problem solved LOL. Just a reminder guys, if you want to chat then use the on-site IRC or PM.

I think its time to dig into how to calculate a checksum. Too many games are starting to annoy me. Grrraaah

It can be very difficult trying to figure out the algorithm they use because there are infinite possibilities. It's a lot of testing unless you can just disassemble the game's XEX and find a routine in it. And sometimes things just never get discovered...

Idlehands88
03-30-2011, 08:55 AM
Ok guys, I made an Editor for this game (Layout not fully done yet). It will be able to mod; Money, Level, Exp, Skill Points, and Enemies Killed... Hopefully... All we need now is a way to fix the checksum :(

I haven't been able to do much research into different things we can mod as I can't fix the checksum, so we'll have to work on research afterwards.